Community Health Champions are people like you, people who live or work in Stoke-on-Trent, who want to make a difference in their communities. Everyone has different networks they can share information with – perhaps you work or volunteer for an organisation supporting a particular local community, perhaps you are well connected in your local area or on social media, or perhaps you just want to know how to keep your friends and family safe and well?
We are excited to be recruiting Community Health Champions across the city. Champions are trained and supported to share good information on health-related matters with family, friends, colleagues and their local community.
It’s not about enforcement and ‘policing’ people’s activities. Instead, Champions lead by sharing health messages in a friendly and helpful way.
The role is flexible and about sharing good information as part of your normal routines.
- provides training
- shares health resources
- responds to your enquiries
- supports your volunteering
- helps you make a difference
- Share health messages and information
- Make a positive impact on the lives of other people
- Improve the health & wellbeing of their communities
- Feedback their community’s concerns
- Promote the project and support other champions
Community Health Champions benefit from:
- access to specialist training
- learning new skills that can be used to secure other volunteering or employment opportunities
- support to carry out the role
- developing friendships with people with shared interests
- a flexible and rewarding volunteering role
- giving something back to your community