COVID-19 tests are no longer free for everyone. Only a small number of people will be able to access free tests (listed below).
Who can get free PCR tests (if you have symptoms)?
- People in hospital
- People who are at more risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- People living or working in high-risk places
- Nursing and care homes
- Home care and support services
- NHS services
- Detention centres
People being discharged from hospital to care homes and hospices will be tested before leaving the hospital.
Who can get free lateral flow tests (if you don’t have symptoms)?
- NHS staff who work with patients
- Staff who work for care providers supported by the NHS
- Staff in residential care and nursing homes
- Staff in hospices
- Some care home visitors who help with personal care
- Some staff in prisons and detention centres
- Some staff in high-risk domestic abuse refuges and homeless shelters
People in these settings will be given tests where there is a confirmed (or suspected) outbreak of COVID-19 and for people moving into residential care for the first time.
Categorised in: Vaccines & Testing