‘Clean Air Day’ 2022 – A breath of fresh air!
Air pollution dirties every organ in the body. It is the biggest environmental threat to our health, no matter who you are or where you live. Air pollution can harm every organ in your body and can shorten our lives, contribute towards chronic illness and put us more at risk from COVID-19.
This Clean Air Day there are simple steps we can all take to cut down on the air pollution we cause and use our voices to fight for a cleaner air future.
- Talk to someone about the harms of air pollution.
- Walk those short distance trips and leave the car at home, where you can.
- Ask local and national decision makers for what would make it easier for you to walk more and have clean air in your community.
- Visit cleanairday.org.uk or search #CleanAirDay
Take steps to improve your health and the planet, here is some of the support available locally:
- Better Together Community Support Group host weekly community walks on Wednesday’s and Saturday’s, meeting at St. Teresa’s Church, Trent Vale
- Human-Nature Escapes CIC promote green exercise, involving walks and cycling – find out more and get involved here
- Staffordshire Air Aware provide advice and support to help businesses promote active and sustainable travel.
- Staffordshire Business and Environment Network (SBEN) can also help you to improve the environmental performance of your business. It’s currently free to join the network – they even offer Carbon Literacy Training.
- You can also check out these national resources for businesses provided by Global Action Plan.
CO2 Monitor Loan Scheme